Still, five of the worst beaches in the state were in L.A. County: Avalon Harbor Beach on Catalina Island, Cabrillo Beach harborside, Santa Monica Municipal Pier, Colorado Lagoon and Sunset Blvd. and PCH at Santa Ynez drain. Poche Beach in Orange County was also listed.
But a good number of local beaches earned perfect A+ scores:
- Nicholas Beach at San Nicholas Canyon Creek mouth
- El Pescador State Beach, between Lachusa and Los Aliso creeks
- Will Rogers State Beach at Temescal Canyon drain
- Santa Monica Beach at Strand St. (in front of the restrooms)
- Venice City Beach at Topsail St.
- Dockweiler State Beach at Imperial Hwy drain
- Malaga Cove, Palos Verdes Estates
- Long Point, Rancho Palos Verdes
- Abalone Cove Shoreline Park
- Wilder Annex, San Pedro