There are a great many variations on the WWII-inspired aviator's watch; today it's my pleasure to introduce a new company, Praesto. The name is from Latin, meaning "To be outstanding; to excel." Praesto (the company) is actually a new project from the people at the Giovino Watch Company, who have for years been making watches for other brands. Praesto is their chance to make their own watches, using the design skills of Russ Schwenkler.
With all of that as prelude, let's meet their first model, due to ship this fall, the "Modern Fliegeruhr - Aviator":
- 316L stainless steel case, 44mm, bead-blasted finish, screw-down crown.
- Waterproof to an unusual 200m (660ft)
- Sapphire crystal
- MDV super-bright lume from Lum-Tec
- Decorated Miyota 8245 movement with offset subseconds
- Three dial/case variations available (detailed below)
- Preorder now for $365/$395, or 25% more when they ship in December.
Nice review on the new brand making aviator-inspired watches. However, while they definitely have got something in it (look at this picture http://gallery.watchreport.com/.a/6a00d83452070069e20120a58eea8c970c-800wi -- it's just awesome), and can't fight the feeling there is something wrong with them, too. I should say the price is a little bit high, too. Other then that, could be a great addition to collection of pilot watches.